We need your help!
Please help us by donating the following:
- Bric-a-brac/toys: The Nurseries (David and Margaret Goundrey’s house, before new Longfield development heading towards Ledwell). They will put a sign out.
- Plants / Books / Jewellery: In boxes provided in the church (should be open during day)
- Bottles/cans suitable for bottle stall (in date please!): in box at Daisy Hill Farmhouse, or top of Hill Farm Lane, or 2 Longfield, or 33 Dashwood Rise
- Cakes / Jams / Chutneys (for cake stall): from Saturday 21st June to Maria Coonick, Corner Cottage (opp.
… Read More
May we express our enormous gratitude to everyone who volunteered to help with the Spring Clean. It was lovely to have the PCC, Village Hall Committee and residents of the village working together for such a good cause. What’s more, the amount of rubbish collected along the roads was far less than on previous years so well done!
— the Parish Council Read More
Sunday 22 June 2014
To be held at the Manor Gardens by kind permission of Gavin and Fiona McAlpine.
- Please start saving all your unwanted items for the White Elephant stall
- Plants for plant stall
- Books and jewellery
For help and additional information contact Chris Drake on 340057 or email email@example.com Read More
Bye the time of publication, Smiths of Bletchington will have submitted their application to extend the quarry workings (as described in previous issues of the Newsletter) to Oxford County Council (OCC) for validation.
This process will take about 10 days at which point the Application in full will be postedg on the OCC website.
The Parish Council will receive a hard copy in early April, which will be retained by the Parish Clerk and will be available to those who wish to examine it.… Read More
It seems that there has been a big increase in the number of cars parked on Main Street and on Middle Barton Road. For obvious reasons this is particularly evident in the evening and at the weekend. As a result, it is becoming increasingly difficult for people to get through the village with farm vehicles, horse boxes and the like and with commercial vehicles making deliveries in the local area.… Read More
Wednesday 5 February 2014, 18:00 – 20:15
This will be an opportunity for local people to give their views on the kinds of outpatient clinics and day surgery they would like to see brought to the Horton from the hospitals in Oxford, as well as to discuss the issue of emergency abdominal surgery on the Horton General Hospital site.
Join us and have your say.… Read More
Oxfordshire Rural Community Council invites you to a FREE conference and information sharing event on: Community-Led Neighbourhood Planning
- Is your community thinking about doing a Neighbourhood or Community-led Plan or have you just started?
- Are you interested in Neighbourhood Planning but don’t know where to start or how much it would cost?
- Are you confused about which planning option might be best for your community?
… Read More
Yes, 25th January 2014 is a Saturday, so once again we plan an evening of traditional Scottish food, drink, and music in the Village Hall.
Those who have come along before can vouch for a merry time – and as numbers are limited to 40, you will need to book now!
Call Jo Barton on 01869 349065 or 07929 143519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place(s).… Read More