Help Us, Help You – Before It Gets Worse
In winter, pressures on A&E departments increase substantially, particularly admissions for winter respiratory illnesses, putting an additional, but in some cases avoidable, burden on the NHS.
We want you to take better care of your health as the colder months approach, by promoting self-care and having a winter plan (see below) so you help us to help you before your condition gets worse.
A winter plan can help keep you well and healthy this winter – this could include:
- Having a free NHS flu vaccination if you are eligible
- Getting help early before your cough or cold worsens
- Getting repeat prescriptions in plenty of time before bank holidays
- Finding out where your local minor injuries unit is located
- Seeking advice from your local pharmacist
- Keeping an eye on elderly or frail friends, neighbours and relatives
Watch a short film which explains how your high street pharmacist can help keep you well this winter: